Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

BREAKING: Senator Jimoh Ibrahim Withdraws Suit Challenging Ondo APC Governorship Primary On Tinubu's Instruction


In a letter he released on Tuesday, Senator Ibrahim noted that he had to submit to the presidential directive and intervention, hence his withdrawal of the suit. 

Senator Ibrahim approached the Federal High Court Abuja where he challenged the gubernatorial primary election of the APC held recently in Ondo state.

Ibrahim claimed that there was no voting in his Senatorial district and a larger part of the State.

FHC /ABJ/ CS/588/2024,”said: “The suit is now withdrawn due to the intervention of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR.

“The President called me, had a meeting with me, and assured me that he will as the leader of the party improve on internal democracy within our party, and i will need to withdraw the case to enable him to chart a way forward.

“The Governor of Ondo state, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, earlier visited my Asokoro residence for several hours after another unsuccessful visit to my hotel room in Akure.

“I cannot disobey the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria because the issue am fighting for is not personal.

“It is simply to improve internal democracy to which the President has promised improvement. My respect for the President is absolute!

Post a Comment

0 Comments